A reputable and independent Austrian law firm is looking for an Employment Lawyer, qualified in Austria, with longstanding experience in all aspects of Austrian employment law. This could be a senior associate, counsel or a partner who is interested in heading the practice. You will advise on the full range of employment and labor issues, transaction related, contentious, and non-contentious.
The law firm is based in Vienna and specializes in transactional work. They offer services across practice areas including antitrust, competition and investment control, banking and finance, capital markets, compliance, corporate, employment and labor law, family businesses, intellectual property, IT, data protection, healthcare and life sciences, mergers and acquisitions, private clients, real estate, reorganizations, restructuring and insolvency as well as tax advisory. The firm delivers sophisticated results for clients and referral firms, fostering long-term and cooperative relationships with clients, and aligning the firm’s success with the success of its clients’ businesses.
They frequently handle cross-border matters and coordinate multi-jurisdictional teams. Acknowledging the importance of offering local legal, regulatory and practical advice while considering the impact on issues in other countries, the firm has forged strong personal ties with leading firms and practitioners worldwide, with particularly strong connections to CEE and SEE, where the firm maintains a dedicated focus.
- Austrian legal qualification and bar membership
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Native German, fluent English skills
- Advising clients on day-to-day employment law inquiries, employment contracts, termination matters, negotiation of agreements with trade unions and work councils, including agreements on social plans, as well as on all aspects of collective employment law and social law in Austria
- Employment litigation experience, dispute resolution
- “Hands-on” approach to find the best solutions for the clients is essential
If you would like to learn more about this great opportunity, please contact in complete confidence Ellen Hayes at [email protected] or Anita Mónus at [email protected] for a confidential discussion. Thank you.