Our Global Law firm Client, is currently seeking a Data Privacy – Cyber Security Partner (with team) to lead and build out the practice in Germany (ideally in Munich) as part of its continued commitment to strategic growth of the data and technology core services. As such, this is an exciting time to join the firm to build on increasing market recognition of their data protection and cybersecurity practices across Europe.
This firm work with some of the best known brands globally including, major banks, payment and fintech companies, global tech and digital companies, retailers, consumer brands and telecoms organisations, healthcare and life sciences companies, energy and electric vehicles clients, and SME’s and start-ups across all sectors.
The role is for a seasoned Partner and Team with a portable Client base who will be tasked to proactively drive the business forward.
The ideal candidate/team offering will have hands on experience with:
- Global GDPR compliance audits and remediation programmes;
- Analysis and advice on technology projects and marketing innovations, including lawful basis, transparency.
- Drafting and negotiating vendor DPAs and controller/controller data sharing agreements, including data transfer issues.
- Dealing with GDPR/PECR compliance in the context of corporate acquisitions.
- Dealing with data breach incident response, reporting and subsequent claims of regulatory investigations.
- Advising on international data transfers including transfer impact assessments and BCRs.
- Supporting DPIAs and new technologies such as AI, IoT, blockchain, etc…
- Advising on cybersecurity matters.
Collective expertise will extend (but not be limited) to
- Excellent data/technical lawyers with a pragmatic and commercial approach to advising on and resolving issues;
- Extensive experience in data protection law, including GDPR, across various sectors, and used to working on international projects;
- Recognition by ranking in Legal500, Chambers and/or JUVE;
- Clear understanding and working experience of the operation and structure of a large international commercial law firm and the needs of the client.
- Highly ambitious and want to collectively help grow the practice and take an active role in driving forward the core initiatives in the firm.