We have an outstanding opportunity for a Polish qualified Partner – Head of Practice tolead the Corporate Investigations & White Collar Disputes Practice at an international powerhouse law firm. The practice is wide, encompassing investigations, white collar, regulatory, whistleblowing projects, sensitive investigations and compliance matters, international arbitration, and property litigation.
This law firm is well established in Poland and already acting in some of the most complex, high-value and reputationally significant disputes and investigations. Its clients range from global corporates to entrepreneurs and startups. The brand is appreciated internationally by clients for the clarity of advice provided, their strategic focus and emphasis on strong relationships and project management.
You will handle compliance and white-collar crime cases which often trigger internal corporate investigations in situations of companies responding to criminal misconduct by their board members or employees. You will work closely with clients not only to resolve disputes – whether through litigation, arbitration or regulatory processes – but to proactively avoid them in the first place, advising on risk management, from compliance to regulatory advice and bespoke training. Should those risks materialize into disputes or investigations, you will form the strategies required and aligned to reputational and commercial drivers, creating effective responses. The cases could range from representing global organizations in commercial litigation to handling major regulatory investigations, complex fraud recovery actions and criminal proceedings in relation to high-profile bribery allegations. Our client is looking for an experienced lawyer who would enjoy this challenging interdisciplinary space combining expertise from different areas of the law as well as sector-specific knowledge.
What we look for in the successful partner candidate
- You will be known for your reputation in understanding client commercial priorities as well as the legal and regulatory risks where high-stakes litigation, arbitration and investigations are concerned. You are capable of rapidly determining the scope of client problems and swiftly protect them and their business.
- You will have acquired your previous experience at a reputable international or leading local firm, working at the highest levels on various complex matters of handling sophisticated cross-border government-led and internal investigations.
- You will have specific areas of expertise to include regulatory inquiries and internal investigations, commercial and contractual disputes, corporate crime.
- You will have a track record of regularly assisting companies, their board members, executives, internal audit or compliance functions in all stages of criminal proceedings related mostly to corruption, fraud, cybercrime, money laundering, embezzlement or tax evasion.
- You will have acted on matters involving actual or potential enforcement actions in other jurisdictions, notably the US, UK, Germany or Switzerland. Your capabilities will include managing complex cross-border investigations, including addressing local law concerns related to FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery Act or the relevant legislation in other jurisdictions.
- You will have assisted the local subsidiaries of foreign companies that are subject to investigations by foreign authorities, to include the US Foreign Corrupt Practice Act, UK Anti-Bribery Act, and similar laws with cross-border implications.
- You will be ready to take an active role and be the leader in business development for the practice.
Due to confidentiality, we will not be releasing the identity of our client in the first instance. Candidates meeting the above profile are invited for a confidential discussion with Legalis. All inquiries will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Please contact Ellen Hayes at [email protected] | Tel +1 (786) 520 1997 or + (36) 209 629162 for more details. Thank you.