Our client is a UK law firm, with offices across Europe, Middle East & Africa which require a dynamic Senior Risk Manager to play a lead role in their expanding team of 34 professionals across the EMEA region. In this pivotal role, you will serve as a trusted advisor to our Partners and Lawyers, offering expert guidance on a broad spectrum of risk, compliance, and conflict matters.
In particular, you will be involved in optimizing the the firm’s client intake processes for success. Your expertise will encompass AML, sanctions, confidentiality, share dealing, data protection, Bribery Act procedures, and SRA Code of Conduct compliance. You will be a key person for all risk matters that heighten and intensify in urgency and complexity. Hence, this is very much a “hands on” role as much as also strengthening the policies & procedures.
- Lead the management of new and intricate client matters, ensuring meticulous AML compliance and conducting thorough conflict checks.
- Oversee AML compliance efforts, maintaining close collaboration with fee earners while upholding and refining policies and procedures.
- Remain abreast of regulatory developments, providing comprehensive training and support while actively contributing to policy enhancements.
- Take charge of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, encompassing diligent risk tracking and reporting to senior management.
- Collaborate seamlessly with global teams to address risk and compliance challenges within various projects.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Risk team, acting as an escalation point for complex issues.
- Serve as the firm’s representative in client audits and meetings, offering invaluable business risk insights as required.
- Develop and refine policies and procedures, ensuring transparent and efficient processes are in place.
- Drive strategic initiatives aimed at process optimization and the cultivation of a robust risk culture across the region.
- Foster strong relationships with Partners, actively engaging them on risk and compliance matters.
- Minimum of 8 years of senior-level experience in risk management within an international law firm.
- Familiar with UK ethics and risk management requirements generally
- Extensive track record in AML compliance, conflict resolution, and new business intake processes within regulated environments.
- Proven ability to manage risks and ensure compliance within complex regulatory landscapes.
- Proficiency in professional English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the European legal sector and its regulatory frameworks. Fully conversant with duties under relevant laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship capabilities.
- Experience in making commercial business decisions, advising at the Board level, and possessing strong leadership and management skills.
- The highest standard of professional ethics
- Confident, approachable and a team player
In no case will we be disclosing the name of our client to any applicants prior to receiving their CV or LinkedIn profile, and conducting an interview (either with Legalis or our affiliated agency in the UK with whom we are working). Legalis will not disclose or release your application to any client without your express permission.
Please contact our consultant below for more information.