Top international law firm in Romania with dynamic Tech, IP and Privacy Practice offers an excellent opportunity to work with an innovative practice group. The team is growing, and our client is currently looking for a lawyer with a passion for Data Protection and Intellectual Property Law. You will become a member of global-wide workstreams and work in groups with international legal teams that further enhance legal knowledge on related matters and provide valuable international market input.
The role is for a mid-senior level associate who is coming from a well-regarded law firm with plenty of experience in privacy, technology, and IP law.
This is an exciting role to join a team that counsels a diverse range of clients within the technology and start-up industries.
Your role will include:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts in connection with a broad range of subject matter including: software development and licensing, digital content distribution across all platforms (e.g., online, cable, mobile), retail/consumer product sales and distribution, information technology procurement, outsourcing and professional service agreements, social media, privacy, data and information security matters, interactive entertainment/gaming, marketing, branding and promotional initiatives.
- Supporting clients in the process of obtaining and offering technology and associated services, and licensing intellectual property (including software). In addition, providing advisory services to clients regarding privacy and data security matters. You will work with clients from a broad variety of industries, including Internet/e-commerce, software and online services, entertainment, banking and financial services, consumer products, manufacturing, retail, IT, and others.
- Participating in a wide variety of M&A and other corporate law transactions that include matters relating to data protection and intellectual property law, to ensure compliance with data protection laws and regulations as well as conducting IP due diligence and reviewing, drafting relevant agreements (trademark licensing, software licensing, franchising, etc.);
- Assist in conducting thorough GDPR assessments for clients, identifying areas of improvement, and offering strategic recommendations.
- Liaising and handling all correspondence with data protection authorities on all data protection related matters, including filing of reports and notifications for potential data breaches and representing clients before such authorities.
- Apply relevant knowledge to matters and legal solutions that refer to everyday commercial clients.
The successful candidate should have:
- Romanian law degree and bar admission;
- 3 – 8 years of work experience as a lawyer, with a least the past two years in a law firm with hands-on experience in data protection, tech and privacy law;
- Excellent experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex technology contracts and complex commercial agreements;
- Excellent written (including drafting) and oral communication skills,
- Continuous learning and development mindset and positive attitude and team-work spirit;
- Excellent English – fluency in writing, drafting and oral skills;
- An LLM is a plus but not essential, especially if the focus is in fields related to Data Protection and Privacy Law, TMT, IP, Corporate and M&A or Civil law, and/or modules relating to GDPR.
- Work experience in TMT will be a nice plus.
This is an opportunity to work in a leading law firm where you can learn, grow, and advance in an inclusive and collaborative environment that supports innovation. You will gain experience in a wide spectrum of data protection, technology, and intellectual property law matters, combining GDPR, IP and corporate and civil law knowledge with risk assessment and due diligence tasks. You will also acquire experience in the corporate and general legal aspects of a wide field of pioneering business transactions.
Please be sure you meet the above criteria prior to requesting a conversation with us. Thank you.
If you wish to apply please send your CV with a brief introduction to [email protected].